- Enable a lightly used Linux machine to additionally host a MythTV video card.
Major Issues :
- Upgrade to 2.6.22 breaks *everything* :
- ivtvfb-ctl (now gone)
- Want to have two independent displays (two simultaneous X servers running)
- Need to use
to have dual keyboards
- Toy with
(not necessary, hardly working)
- Added a Belkin wireless keyboard (from woot.com)
- Set up special keys for MythTV
- Control cable box via IR transmitter
Each of these will be addressed in separate postings.
NB: This MythTV experience is certainly not an advertisement for building a DIY PVR. Lots of the documentation, Wiki entries, and forum advice is badly out-of-date. Oh well.